Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Vintage Hall Tree

It's that time of year.....the piling of the coats, school bags, diaper bags & purses on every chair in the house. This looking familiar to anyone?


It would be a DREAM to have something like this in my house....with everything perfectly in order, bags and coats all in their correct "cubby"....shoes in the right drawers........always having an answer to the question "MOMMY, where are my shoes??".  Maybe one day.......

Source: houzz.com via Jackie on Pinterest


But, for now, I'm excited about this vintage hall tree found on Craigslist yesterday. I'm not the biggest fan of hall trees.   But this one, with the sunburst mirror on top caught my attention immediately. He definitely needs a coat of white lacquer.


Have tried to research this piece and am coming to the conclusion that it's an antique Victorian. Love the curved lines!! He's going to sit in my stained glass foyer. :)


LOVE the metal boot pan, and umbrella stand. Will post pics of the painted fellow......am hoping to get to it tonight when little ones are alseep :).

No comments:

Post a Comment