Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

A little pattern for a big boy room

When it was time for Henry to graduate from the crib to his big boy room, I was inspired by a page in Serena & Lily where the walls were painted in Wharf.  I wanted to leave behind the baby pastels, and move on to brighter, playful colors.  With the walls in Wharf, I decided on orange, green, baby blue and navy blue as the color palette.   With him telling me his nursery rocker was too "baby" I went on a hunt for a new reading chair that was comfy but had more of a "big boy" look.  To this day, the chair I found is my favorite thrift store treasure. Underneath a stack of old magazines and covered in dust was a mid century rocker.....and it was in hideous shape. However, the lines were perfect and masculine, and I knew it could be transformed into a cute reading chair. $30 later it was mine and I was cleaning it up and searching for the perfect fabric. I had geometric pattern in mind and found this playful one at Childress. It was an outdoor fabric which is perfect for little ones who climb and wear on these chairs:). Since this project, I have somewhat of an (unhealthy) obsession with all things geometric. The chair in his room:

No comments:

Post a Comment